Today, I sat and watched the people rush by. Because I didn't have anyone or anything to rush to, and it was oddly comforting and overwhelmingly sad at the same time.
Today, I sang a song to myself. Because the music on my dilapidated phone wasn't loud enough.
Today, I didn't make the effort to smile and be socially acceptable. Because if it's an effort, is it worth any at all?
Today, I shunned technology and its shackles to become Zen. Then I blogged about it, anyway.
Today, I stared at nothing at particular, and everything at once, all at the same time. Because I couldn't decide whether I was indifferent or too involved.
Today, I felt frivolous and blew bubbles. Because life's too short to let soap water pass by.
Today, I felt cynicism creep by. Because I was growing up.
Today, I decided to change the world and snuck right back into bed.
Today, I decided to change the world and snuck right back into bed.

3 comments:
Love it! :) ... Very well composed! .. Keep writing! You've written one post the last year and one the year before. :p .. Let's up it this year :p ...
You know I relate to this too well...
My favorite line?
"Today, I felt frivolous and blew bubbles. Because life's too short to let soap water pass by."
Stealing, remembering and quoting it :D
This arrates brilliantly, the conflict our generation lives in.
I related especially well to :
Today, I didn't make the effort to smile and be socially acceptable. Because if it's an effort, is it worth any at all?
Today, I felt cynicism creep by. Because I was growing up.
A momentary release of emotion for the generation we exist in. I hope you keep up the social service. :)
Post a Comment